Get On The Train

Sunday, May 29, 2016



It was a few days ago I hiked up a mountain only to be greeted by a breathtakingly insane  view of what is now my home , Wausau ,WI , USA

It was only a few weeks ago I was living in a MUY BONITA CASA and surfing on the coast of a hidden oasis , gallivanting with my host family  through the colourful ,mexican streets of Sayulita ,Mexico .

It was only a few months ago I, good ol' 17 year old Zimbabwean me, was a first timer ( a good one,I would add on as well) on the beautiful ski slopes of Wisconsin.





But wait, let's rewind a bit . If you told me exactly a year ago that I would undergo this ,possibly one of the most exciting adventures a 17 year old could take on (one known as Rotary Youth Exchange ) ,I would have seriously been hysterical with laughter and diagnosed you as a mental case. (I kid you not)

I was that doubtful,but not to say that I didn't want it .Back in Zimbabwe and even still today I'd always been fiercely passionate of  becoming a well-cultured globetrotter. I'd always had that unsatisfied  hunger for adventure and new discoveries.

So often in our lives we become victims to our own negativity or doubt. So often we become those bullies towards ourselves. Is it easier to tell yourself that you'd rather pass , than take on the risk of following your dreams? 

Failure .It's that one word that has the power to perform mental paralysis on us,that one word that always seems to have us stop dead in our tracks  and have us running for the hills even when it hasn't manifested itself yet .

So , what's the remedy to this? Well it's a nice home-made recipe (more like self-made actually) I like to call 'Positivity' . And sure , it's easier said than done most of the time , but what not many people  realise is  that once you make a decision ,the universe conspires against everything to make it happen.Only you have to give the green light. Only you have to give the go ahead. A positive mindset is like a moving train ,it maybe be difficult to get on it at first but when you do, you're cruising along.

So you see, it's that decision that got me here today, and yes a bunch of other factors did come into play (a bit of forceful help from my mother) but  ultimately it was that decision that put me in the position I am today. That decision that had me meeting people of all cultures and nationalities yesterday .Last but not least an incredible decision that had me experiencing the necessary challenges ,the mental growing process ,I face today.

So I urge you, ladies , whatever you're passionate or dreaming  about today is well on its way tomorrow. You just have to jump on that train. And plus I promise, once you get on ,the views are pretty great too. 


Ruva


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow good job Ruva!! Not only am I in owe of what a 17year old can achieve, but am encouraged by your story! Thanks for jumping on to the train and thanks for taking time to share and encourage us that we are our own worst enemies and that we limit ourselves! Congratulations to you and to your mom for the little push and for you receiving it!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook