Down with the Flu

Thursday, February 25, 2016


So its 39 plus degrees out here and I am as fluey as a koala bear…. I know that is not a real simile English majors, but hey, I have to bear annoying headaches, sneeze fests and a stuffed nasal passage so I think I get a ‘get out of jail free card’ for that one. If you’re in the same boat as me, here are a few tips on how not to let the mean green bug get the better of you:

1     1. O.J by the dozens. Load up on that orange juice, whether it’s freshly squeezed (if you have the energy) or store bought, pump some Vitamin C into your system.

2     2. Lemon and honey tea…. Yum! Bring out that huge mug, put the kettle on and ‘let’s have some tea, shall we?’ (Insert British Accent)
3      
      3. Old movies. Trust me, the big hair and dramatic dialogues will either distract you from the pain of the cold, or send you right to sleep….either way, tune into TCM and it will do wonders to the soul.
4       Take down your trusty little ole blankie and cocoon yourself with it. Staying warm is very essential

4. Finally, take a little time to curl up on the couch, put together all the above tips and enjoy a speedy ride to recovery!


Love always
Noni

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook